Cool Reader 3
CoolReader 3.X is free open-source (GPL) multiplatform version under active development.
- Windows (Qt based GUI)
- Linux (Qt based GUI)
- Embedded versions: for e-Ink based devices. Used in Jinke/LBook V3/V5/V3+/V60, Azbooka N516, Pocketbook
- Symbian port (SmartReader)
Common features, for all platforms
- epub (non-DRM), fb2, txt, rtf, html, chm, tcr, doc, pdb formats supported
- Pages or scroll view
- Table of contents
- Text search
- Hyphenation dictionaries
- Most complete FB2 format support: styles, tables, footnotes
- Additional fonts support (.ttf)
- Can read books from zip archives
- Automatic reformatting of .txt files (autodetect headings etc.)
- Styles can be customised in wide range using external CSS
- Page flipping animation.
- Built-in file browser, quick recent books access
- Day and night profiles (two sets of colors, background, backlight levels)
- Brightness adjustments by flick on left edge of screen
- Background texture (stretched or tiled) or solid color
- Paperbook-like page turning animation or "sliding page" animation
- Dictionary support (ColorDict, Fora Dictionary, Aard dictionary)
- Customizable tap zone and key actions
- Place additional textures to /sdcard/.cr3/textures/ -- to be used as tiled page backgrounds
- Place additional textures to /sdcard/.cr3/backgrounds/ -- to be used as stretched page backgrounds
(/cr3/ directory can also be used instead of /.cr3/, and internal SD or internal storage instead of /sdcard/)
- TTS (text-to-speech) support
- Select text using double tap (optional)
CoolReader 3 Links
Cool Reader 2
CoolReader 2.X is stable version with skinning and text-to-speech support. For Win32 only. Development is frozen.
Cool Reader is an e-book viewer.
Understands a number of text document formats.
Fully customizable palette, text reformatting with any font size, font antialiasing, extra smooth scrolling
and a lot of other features turn reading into a pleasure.
Read Aloud function saves your eyes.
Supported platforms: Win9x/ME/NT4.0/Win2K/XP
Status: free for non-commercial usage.
- Opens books from .txt, .doc, .html, .fb2 or .rtf formats with automatic codepage (cp866,cp1251,KOI-8r,latin-1,unicode,utf-8)
and format recognition (headers, paragraphs, etc...)
- Supports RAR, ZIP, HA, ARJ, LHA archieves
- Shows text as continuous Scroll or as Book.
- Fully customizable colors, background images, text blending modes, and other ergonomic parameters.
- Font antialiasing using a few different methods.
- Fullscreen or windowed view mode.
- TTS (Read Aloud) using SpeechAPI 4.0 and 5.1
- Pronounsation dictionaries
- Dictionary editor
- Table of Contents
- Text search
- Mouse selection and Copy function
- Export of formatted text to HTML or RTF
- Stores history of opened books, their last positions and bookmarks.
- Extra-smooth, customizable scrolling.
- Multilingual interface
CoolReader 2 Downloads
Just unzip archieve to some folder and run cr2.exe
please mail your feedback to email@example.com with subject CR2 or CR3